Security release: phpTrafficA 1.4.4 ! , 16 Jul 2007
A new bug was discovered in phpTrafficA: password validation was weak and a remote user was able to exploit this and log-in with adminstrator privileges. phpTrafficA-1.4.4 fixes the issue along with a couple more bugs.
Everyone should upgrade as soon as possible!
New homepage in German!, 27 Jun 2007
Bugfix release, 26 Jun 2007
Three vulnerabilities were released yesterday, involving the
pageid parameters. This new release, 1.4.3, fixes the issue.
New features include a Romanian translation, thanks to Constantin Iancu at Counterzone.ro, and better colors for the plots suggested by Martin Hoffmann. Various translations have also been improved.
Everyone should upgrade ASAP.
New homepage in Russian!, 25 Jun 2007
New homepage in French!, 21 Jun 2007
phpTrafficA now has a multilingual homepage! At the moment, only French and English are available but we hope that more languages will be available soon.
This operation should increase the visibility for phpTrafficA and greatly help our users who are not always confortable with English.
Security release!, 24 Feb 2007
A vulnerability was found in phpTrafficA with the
lang parameter in
banref.php and the
file parameters in
plotStatPie.php. It affects all versions.
Version 1.4.2 fixes this vulnerability and everyone should upgrade as soon as possible.
The vulnerability was disclosed to the internet, along with descriptions on how to use it, without sending a previous warning to the developpers. This attitude is totally unacceptable and put many websites at risk, therefore, no credit will be given.
phpTrafficA-1.4 released!, 10 Feb 2007
The full version of phpTrafficA-1.4 has been released! It has been a short time since our latest stable release, in October, but there has been considerable progress since! New features include
- 5 new languages for the user interface: phpTrafficA is now available in English, French, Russian, Spanish, German, Dutch, and Polish.
- Mapping of the latest visitors: you can now fully locate the latest visitors to your site, on a map, with their city, country, continent, and timezone.
- We also provide new measurements for individual pages: the magnet index and bounce rate. The magnet index is a useful tool as it measures how much traffic is brought to your site by a given page. For instance, pages with a magnet index of 1, 2, and 3 are entry pages for 10, 100, 1000 hits a day, respectively. The bounce rate is an important metric as well as it tells you the percentage of people who 'bounced' away (left) from your site after viewing this page only.
- There are new option to personalize the number of items shown in a page, personalise the administrator cookie text, use phpTrafficA as counter, count search engines in the referrers table, change the location of the temporary directory, set the time of inactivity after which visit is considered to be finished... and many others.
- Russian search engines are now treated properly.
- And finally, there were tons of improvements to the user interface and bug fixes!
Thanks to all of those who contributed and sent comments, their help was greatly appreciated and really improved the project...