- How do I add a new domain? (9450 views)
- File permissions (8735 views)
- Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) (8598 views)
- Do I really need a database? (8293 views)
- Do I really need mysql? (7562 views)
- Notice: Undefined index: **** in **** on line ** (7395 views)
- Error with database: Can't create table '****' (errno: 13) (7167 views)
- What is the counter mode? (8405 views)
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in *** on line *** (8240 views)
- I set the cookie, but i still get tracked and I see no 'Admin' text on tracked pages (8172 views)
- Images not showing (8161 views)
- How do you use path analysis with phpTrafficA (8059 views)
- Do I need to perform any maintenance? (7949 views)
- Is phpTrafficA free? (7757 views)
- Lots of ??? in OS and browser list (7654 views)
- Tip for ATT (Yahoo) web hosting users (4839 views)
- Can I track HTML pages? (9005 views)
- Can I hide the image (8786 views)
- Can I protect my phpTrafficA folder with a .htaccess file? (8447 views)
Yes, you can. In fact, most of the phpTrafficA installation does not need to be accessible to the general public. The only file that should always remain available is
First solution for a
PerlSetVar AuthFile path/to/my/passwords
AuthName "Restricted Area"
<LIMIT GET POST>
allow from all
path/to/my/passwordsis the path to your password file.
Under unix, the path to your passwords should look like
folder1/folder2/.../.passwords. Under windows, it's more like
Finally, the password file should look like
Upload htaccess.txt to 'phptrafficA' directory with the following code:
<FilesMatch "(count\.php)|(stats\.js)">and change the path to your configuration.
allow from all
AuthName "Protected Access"
Generate encrypted password at http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/, copy and paste it in htpasswd.txt with generated username and encrypted password. Upload to phptrafficA directory.
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and htpasswd.txt to .htpasswd.
- Does phpTrafficA use any cookie? (7825 views)
- Can I clear data for a domain (7358 views)
- Can I personalize the Cookie text? (7275 views)
- Can I delete a domain (7254 views)
- Can I delete data older than 2 months? (7158 views)