- How do I add a new domain? (9433 views)
- File permissions (8705 views)
- Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) (8577 views)
- Do I really need a database? (8280 views)
- Do I really need mysql? (7548 views)
- Notice: Undefined index: **** in **** on line ** (7372 views)
- Error with database: Can't create table '****' (errno: 13) (7147 views)
- What is the counter mode? (8375 views)
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in *** on line *** (8212 views)
- I set the cookie, but i still get tracked and I see no 'Admin' text on tracked pages (8142 views)
- Images not showing (8133 views)
- How do you use path analysis with phpTrafficA (8020 views)
- Do I need to perform any maintenance? (7934 views)
- Is phpTrafficA free? (7734 views)
- Lots of ??? in OS and browser list (7627 views)
- Tip for ATT (Yahoo) web hosting users (4824 views)
- Can I track HTML pages? (8994 views)
- Can I hide the image (8751 views)
- Can I protect my phpTrafficA folder with a .htaccess file? (8432 views)
Yes, you can. In fact, most of the phpTrafficA installation does not need to be accessible to the general public. The only file that should always remain available is
First solution for a
PerlSetVar AuthFile path/to/my/passwords
AuthName "Restricted Area"
<LIMIT GET POST>
allow from all
path/to/my/passwordsis the path to your password file.
Under unix, the path to your passwords should look like
folder1/folder2/.../.passwords. Under windows, it's more like
Finally, the password file should look like
Upload htaccess.txt to 'phptrafficA' directory with the following code:
<FilesMatch "(count\.php)|(stats\.js)">and change the path to your configuration.
allow from all
AuthName "Protected Access"
Generate encrypted password at http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/, copy and paste it in htpasswd.txt with generated username and encrypted password. Upload to phptrafficA directory.
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and htpasswd.txt to .htpasswd.
- Does phpTrafficA use any cookie? (7796 views)
- Can I clear data for a domain (7322 views)
- Can I personalize the Cookie text? (7268 views)
- Can I delete a domain (7243 views)
- Can I delete data older than 2 months? (7143 views)