- How do I add a new domain? (9354 views)
- File permissions (8606 views)
- Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) (8456 views)
- Do I really need a database? (8210 views)
- Do I really need mysql? (7473 views)
- Notice: Undefined index: **** in **** on line ** (7257 views)
- Error with database: Can't create table '****' (errno: 13) (7056 views)
- What is the counter mode? (8282 views)
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in *** on line *** (8113 views)
- I set the cookie, but i still get tracked and I see no 'Admin' text on tracked pages (8078 views)
- Images not showing (8048 views)
- How do you use path analysis with phpTrafficA (7922 views)
- Do I need to perform any maintenance? (7838 views)
- Is phpTrafficA free? (7625 views)
- Lots of ??? in OS and browser list (7543 views)
- Tip for ATT (Yahoo) web hosting users (4721 views)
- Can I track HTML pages? (8897 views)
- Can I hide the image (8613 views)
- Can I protect my phpTrafficA folder with a .htaccess file? (8320 views)
Yes, you can. In fact, most of the phpTrafficA installation does not need to be accessible to the general public. The only file that should always remain available is
First solution for a
PerlSetVar AuthFile path/to/my/passwords
AuthName "Restricted Area"
<LIMIT GET POST>
allow from all
path/to/my/passwordsis the path to your password file.
Under unix, the path to your passwords should look like
folder1/folder2/.../.passwords. Under windows, it's more like
Finally, the password file should look like
Upload htaccess.txt to 'phptrafficA' directory with the following code:
<FilesMatch "(count\.php)|(stats\.js)">and change the path to your configuration.
allow from all
AuthName "Protected Access"
Generate encrypted password at http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/, copy and paste it in htpasswd.txt with generated username and encrypted password. Upload to phptrafficA directory.
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and htpasswd.txt to .htpasswd.
- Does phpTrafficA use any cookie? (7679 views)
- Can I clear data for a domain (7218 views)
- Can I personalize the Cookie text? (7181 views)
- Can I delete a domain (7166 views)
- Can I delete data older than 2 months? (7056 views)