- How do I add a new domain? (9437 views)
- File permissions (8715 views)
- Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) (8585 views)
- Do I really need a database? (8281 views)
- Do I really need mysql? (7552 views)
- Notice: Undefined index: **** in **** on line ** (7381 views)
- Error with database: Can't create table '****' (errno: 13) (7149 views)
- What is the counter mode? (8383 views)
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in *** on line *** (8218 views)
- I set the cookie, but i still get tracked and I see no 'Admin' text on tracked pages (8144 views)
- Images not showing (8142 views)
- How do you use path analysis with phpTrafficA (8030 views)
- Do I need to perform any maintenance? (7935 views)
- Is phpTrafficA free? (7742 views)
- Lots of ??? in OS and browser list (7632 views)
- Tip for ATT (Yahoo) web hosting users (4830 views)
- Can I track HTML pages? (8997 views)
- Can I hide the image (8755 views)
- Can I protect my phpTrafficA folder with a .htaccess file? (8434 views)
Yes, you can. In fact, most of the phpTrafficA installation does not need to be accessible to the general public. The only file that should always remain available is
First solution for a
PerlSetVar AuthFile path/to/my/passwords
AuthName "Restricted Area"
<LIMIT GET POST>
allow from all
path/to/my/passwordsis the path to your password file.
Under unix, the path to your passwords should look like
folder1/folder2/.../.passwords. Under windows, it's more like
Finally, the password file should look like
Upload htaccess.txt to 'phptrafficA' directory with the following code:
<FilesMatch "(count\.php)|(stats\.js)">and change the path to your configuration.
allow from all
AuthName "Protected Access"
Generate encrypted password at http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/, copy and paste it in htpasswd.txt with generated username and encrypted password. Upload to phptrafficA directory.
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and htpasswd.txt to .htpasswd.
- Does phpTrafficA use any cookie? (7805 views)
- Can I clear data for a domain (7331 views)
- Can I personalize the Cookie text? (7269 views)
- Can I delete a domain (7245 views)
- Can I delete data older than 2 months? (7145 views)