- How do I add a new domain? (9232 views)
- File permissions (8488 views)
- Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) (8292 views)
- Do I really need a database? (8098 views)
- Do I really need mysql? (7356 views)
- Notice: Undefined index: **** in **** on line ** (7148 views)
- Error with database: Can't create table '****' (errno: 13) (6920 views)
- What is the counter mode? (8158 views)
- I set the cookie, but i still get tracked and I see no 'Admin' text on tracked pages (7949 views)
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in *** on line *** (7938 views)
- Images not showing (7927 views)
- How do you use path analysis with phpTrafficA (7812 views)
- Do I need to perform any maintenance? (7732 views)
- Is phpTrafficA free? (7501 views)
- Lots of ??? in OS and browser list (7425 views)
- Tip for ATT (Yahoo) web hosting users (4612 views)
- Can I track HTML pages? (8777 views)
- Can I hide the image (8501 views)
- Can I protect my phpTrafficA folder with a .htaccess file? (8164 views)
Yes, you can. In fact, most of the phpTrafficA installation does not need to be accessible to the general public. The only file that should always remain available is
First solution for a
PerlSetVar AuthFile path/to/my/passwords
AuthName "Restricted Area"
<LIMIT GET POST>
allow from all
path/to/my/passwordsis the path to your password file.
Under unix, the path to your passwords should look like
folder1/folder2/.../.passwords. Under windows, it's more like
Finally, the password file should look like
Upload htaccess.txt to 'phptrafficA' directory with the following code:
<FilesMatch "(count\.php)|(stats\.js)">and change the path to your configuration.
allow from all
AuthName "Protected Access"
Generate encrypted password at http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/, copy and paste it in htpasswd.txt with generated username and encrypted password. Upload to phptrafficA directory.
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and htpasswd.txt to .htpasswd.
- Does phpTrafficA use any cookie? (7550 views)
- Can I clear data for a domain (7093 views)
- Can I personalize the Cookie text? (7074 views)
- Can I delete a domain (7037 views)
- Can I delete data older than 2 months? (6949 views)