- How do I add a new domain? (9364 views)
- File permissions (8612 views)
- Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) (8464 views)
- Do I really need a database? (8215 views)
- Do I really need mysql? (7478 views)
- Notice: Undefined index: **** in **** on line ** (7285 views)
- Error with database: Can't create table '****' (errno: 13) (7060 views)
- What is the counter mode? (8290 views)
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in *** on line *** (8123 views)
- I set the cookie, but i still get tracked and I see no 'Admin' text on tracked pages (8087 views)
- Images not showing (8060 views)
- How do you use path analysis with phpTrafficA (7935 views)
- Do I need to perform any maintenance? (7840 views)
- Is phpTrafficA free? (7651 views)
- Lots of ??? in OS and browser list (7547 views)
- Tip for ATT (Yahoo) web hosting users (4732 views)
- Can I track HTML pages? (8903 views)
- Can I hide the image (8621 views)
- Can I protect my phpTrafficA folder with a .htaccess file? (8326 views)
Yes, you can. In fact, most of the phpTrafficA installation does not need to be accessible to the general public. The only file that should always remain available is
First solution for a
PerlSetVar AuthFile path/to/my/passwords
AuthName "Restricted Area"
<LIMIT GET POST>
allow from all
path/to/my/passwordsis the path to your password file.
Under unix, the path to your passwords should look like
folder1/folder2/.../.passwords. Under windows, it's more like
Finally, the password file should look like
Upload htaccess.txt to 'phptrafficA' directory with the following code:
<FilesMatch "(count\.php)|(stats\.js)">and change the path to your configuration.
allow from all
AuthName "Protected Access"
Generate encrypted password at http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/, copy and paste it in htpasswd.txt with generated username and encrypted password. Upload to phptrafficA directory.
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and htpasswd.txt to .htpasswd.
- Does phpTrafficA use any cookie? (7689 views)
- Can I clear data for a domain (7229 views)
- Can I personalize the Cookie text? (7193 views)
- Can I delete a domain (7173 views)
- Can I delete data older than 2 months? (7059 views)