- How do I add a new domain? (8893 views)
- File permissions (8136 views)
- Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) (7868 views)
- Do I really need a database? (7800 views)
- Do I really need mysql? (7038 views)
- Notice: Undefined index: **** in **** on line ** (6832 views)
- Error with database: Can't create table '****' (errno: 13) (6606 views)
- What is the counter mode? (7798 views)
- Images not showing (7617 views)
- I set the cookie, but i still get tracked and I see no 'Admin' text on tracked pages (7600 views)
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in *** on line *** (7559 views)
- How do you use path analysis with phpTrafficA (7528 views)
- Do I need to perform any maintenance? (7434 views)
- Is phpTrafficA free? (7199 views)
- Lots of ??? in OS and browser list (7124 views)
- Tip for ATT (Yahoo) web hosting users (4299 views)
- Can I track HTML pages? (8454 views)
- Can I hide the image (8156 views)
- Can I protect my phpTrafficA folder with a .htaccess file? (7826 views)
Yes, you can. In fact, most of the phpTrafficA installation does not need to be accessible to the general public. The only file that should always remain available is
First solution for a
PerlSetVar AuthFile path/to/my/passwords
AuthName "Restricted Area"
<LIMIT GET POST>
allow from all
path/to/my/passwordsis the path to your password file.
Under unix, the path to your passwords should look like
folder1/folder2/.../.passwords. Under windows, it's more like
Finally, the password file should look like
Upload htaccess.txt to 'phptrafficA' directory with the following code:
<FilesMatch "(count\.php)|(stats\.js)">and change the path to your configuration.
allow from all
AuthName "Protected Access"
Generate encrypted password at http://www.htaccesstools.com/htpasswd-generator/, copy and paste it in htpasswd.txt with generated username and encrypted password. Upload to phptrafficA directory.
Rename htaccess.txt to .htaccess and htpasswd.txt to .htpasswd.
- Does phpTrafficA use any cookie? (7251 views)
- Can I clear data for a domain (6788 views)
- Can I personalize the Cookie text? (6758 views)
- Can I delete a domain (6742 views)
- Can I delete data older than 2 months? (6673 views)