- How do I add a new domain? (8893 views)
- File permissions (8136 views)
- Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) (7868 views)
- Do I really need a database? (7799 views)
- Do I really need mysql? (7037 views)
- Notice: Undefined index: **** in **** on line ** (6832 views)
- Error with database: Can't create table '****' (errno: 13) (6606 views)
- What is the counter mode? (7798 views)
- Images not showing (7617 views)
- I set the cookie, but i still get tracked and I see no 'Admin' text on tracked pages (7600 views)
- Fatal error: Call to undefined function: iconv() in *** on line *** (7559 views)
- How do you use path analysis with phpTrafficA (7528 views)
- Do I need to perform any maintenance? (7433 views)
Yep, it is good to perform maintenance every once in a while, depending on traffic and disk space considerations. In particular, referrers and keywords tables can become particularly large and this will hurt performances.
To perform a clean, go into
Database cleanup. There will be two options to cleanup keywords and referrers tables:
- simple cleanup will delete all entries in the keywords and referrers tables that are older than 2 months and have been used only once.
- Aggressive cleanup will delete all entries in the keywords and referrers tables that are older than 2 months and have been used only once, or, older than 4 months and have been used once or twice. It is the phpTrafficA recommended option.
Those functions will clear a large portion of the tables, considerably improve performance, without degrading the statistics: most important referrer and search engine keywords will remain.
Finally, if you have a very high traffic and want to delete data older than 2 months, there is an option to do so. It will remove all entries for accesses and unique visitors to individual pages that are older than two months. The total number of accesses to each page and the statistics for the whole site will be preserved, but all access data to individual pages older that two months will be lost.
- Is phpTrafficA free? (7199 views)
- Lots of ??? in OS and browser list (7124 views)
- Tip for ATT (Yahoo) web hosting users (4299 views)
- Can I track HTML pages? (8454 views)
- Can I hide the image (8156 views)
- Can I protect my phpTrafficA folder with a .htaccess file? (7826 views)
- Does phpTrafficA use any cookie? (7250 views)
- Can I clear data for a domain (6788 views)
- Can I personalize the Cookie text? (6758 views)
- Can I delete a domain (6742 views)
- Can I delete data older than 2 months? (6673 views)