This page is available in English only.
v2.3 (21 oct 2009)
- Translation updates.
- Replaced all occurences of calls to
ereg and similar function as they are being deprecated in PHP.
v2.3beta2 (8 Oct 2009)
- Danish translation, thanks to Lars J. Helbo.
- Fixed bug with centrum.cz search engine.
- Filter out "new" referrers in referrer listings.
v2.3beta1 (20 Sep 2009)
- IP tracking, to tag and track individual visitors.
- New system for tracking new referrers. Referrer remain marked as "new" until you visit them or until they have been in the table a while (2 weeks by default).
- Clean-up of path tables.
- Option for automatic clean-up of referrer, keywords, IP addresses, and path tables.
- Option for automatic clean-up of access tables.
- Option for custom error page if mysql server is down.
- Option to change the administrator password.
- Tracking of
bing search engine.
- Fixed bug with English translation on cleanup page.
- Fixed bug with tracking visits from Google Cache.
- Replaced all occurences of
explode to be compatible with php6.
- Fixed bug with pie charts with values that cover less than one degree.
v2.2.1 (30 Jun 2009)
- Fixed possible SQL injection on password field.
- Updates to the Romanian translation
- Small update to the English translation
v2.2 (13 May 2009)
v2.2beta3 (3 May 2009)
- Update to the IP to country database.
- Finally fixed issue with IP ban on mysql version 5.1 and above.
- Update tables to UTF-8 only if mysql version is 4.1 and above.
v2.2beta2 (26 Apr 2009)
- Better check for columns already in UTF-8 to avoid double conversion.
- Better backup script for tables with columns to be converted to UTF-8.
- Remember search keys when changing page in search through keyword tables.
- Changed technique for calculating total number of hits for a site.
- (Hopefully) fixed bug with IP ban and mysql 5.1.
- Various bug fix for pages with no new hits after cleaning up access table.
- Fixed bug with colors in pie charts with 0% items.
v2.2beta1 (21 Mar 2009)
- UTF-8 column type for keywords and page names.
- Koran and Lituanian translation.
- Flag for Åland Islands.
- Use international conventions for numbers.
- Search engines and keywords search.
- Function to remove pages that match a given pattern.
- Remember default language setting for each user.
- Better access to options in setup menu.
- Fix bug for path analysis that forbid insertion of new paths.
- Fixed reminder for image code that validates W3C standards.
v2.1 (3 Dec 2008)
- Updated entry for Rambler and other Russian search engine.
- Flag for Serbia.
- Update IP to country database.
- Changed colors in image count function so people can see the phpTrafficA tracker.
- Fixed bug with path for help files.
- Changed syntax of SQL inserts to accomodate for mysql 5
- Image summary did not work on some platform, used
ImageCreateTrueColor instead of
ImageCreate to create the image to fix the problem.
v2.1beta3 (28 Oct 2008)
- Fixed bug with login issue in the ban referer functions.
- Fixed yet another bug in the upgrade and install scripts that failed with IP ban tables.
- Removed divisions by zero when there is no data for estimating visitors profile.
- Allow multiple inclusions of
- Fixed path issues when including language files.
- Improved error detection in recording function to avoid more unique visitors than page views issues.
v2.1beta2 (30 Sep 2008)
- Fixed upgrade script that failed with IP ban tables.
- Fixed password check when removing a page or cleaning up the database.
- Fixed bug with list of table to delete when removing a site from the statistics.
- Do not show a form to remove a page from the stats when there isn't any.
- Fixed bug with column names when dealing with IP ban table.
v2.1beta1 (28 Sep 2008)
- Italian translation.
- Statistics on visitors profile: ratio of windows, mac, *nix, and cell phone users.
- Statistics on version of MS-windows.
- Screen resolution statistics.
- Detection of visitors on Sony Playstation and PSP, Charlotte web crawker, Indy Library web crawler, Apple iPhone, SunPlex, Windows CE, J2ME operating systems, as well as Sony Ericsson, Nokia, and Blackberry cell devices.
- Option to ban IP ranges instead of IP addresses.
- Option to completely remove a page from the statistics.
- Option to dynamically show/hide humans or robots visitors in page for latest hosts and path for latest visitors.
- Option to show summary stats somewhere in your site, as text or an image: a block containing on-line peoples, today count, week count, month count, total count.
- We are now showing time for latest hit in latest visitors list.
- Store IP addresses of latest visitors as long integer rather than strings. This should improve performance significantly.
- Reduced number of labels in plots of access per month of summary page for sites with a long history.
- Administration password is now stored in the database.
- Fixed bug for returning visitors in latest visitors path analysis and latest visitors list that were not shown separately.
- Changed error reporting in plots.
- IP ban did not work for large IP addresses, this has been fixed.
- Fixed detection of keywords for searches on Google images.
v2.0.1 (31 May 2008)
- Fix SQL injection attack vulnerability at line 224 in Php/Functions/log_function.php.
v2.0 (15 Feb 2008)
- Updated IP-to-country database.
- Translation updates.
- Country codes for Åland Islands, Saint Barthélemy, Montenegro, Saint Martin, and Serbia.
- Removed transliteration in all plots.
- Fixed calculations of legend text widths in plots.
- Various fixes to the user interface.
- Fixed pie plots for OS, web browsers, and countries, when there was less than 6 data points.
- Fixed plots that did not work with TTF fonts on some Linux platforms.
v2.0beta4 (5 Feb 2007)
- First day is excluded when searching for best and worst day for the number of hits.
- Translation updates.
- TTF fonts in plots: looks better and allows for international fontsets.
- Replace forbidden characters (
>, new lines) from referrer strings.
v2.0beta3 (22 Jan 2007)
- Translation updates.
- Referrer strings are now cleaned of new lines and HTML code before inserting in latest hosts table.
- Fixed bug in install process: IP ban table had been forgotten.
v2.0beta2 (18 Jan 2007)
- Fixed bug in install process with the
v2.0beta1 (18 Jan 2008)
- New user interface: most pages have been simplified and rearanged. We hope that the usability will increase...
- Ban IP: you can set a list of IP adresses that will not be counted in the statistics.
- Time difference between the site being tracked and the server with phpTrafficA.
- New statistics: visits vs. time of the day.
- New statistics: visits vs. day of the week .
- New option to set the length of URL for pages or referrers in the interface.
- Data for sites in
sites.php was moved to the database: easier for upgrade and future versions.
- Referrer search: search through the list of referrers.
- Diagnostic function to test the system configuration and make sure everything is OK.
- New install and upgrade functions: cleaner design and verbose error reporting.
- Updated the keyword extraction for the
Yandex search engine to their new encoding.
- Option not to overwrite the list of search engines and OS during upgrade.
- Test versions of database tables to make sure an upgrade is not needed.
- Added basic path analysis to page with statistics for individual page.
- Changed the look and feel of the
Keywords page. You can also ignore upcase/lowercases, or group the various search engines.
- Changed the look and feel of
Latest hosts page to display only the important information.
- Renamed all procedures in
log_function.php to avoid conflict with other PHP packages.
- Force new connection to database to write logs to avoid conflict with other packages.
- New directory structure. Easier to navigate for developpers.
- Changed interval calculation in weekly and monthly stats to fix bugs that appeared on some platform (replaced the
strtotime function with actual time calculations).
v1.4.4 (16 Jul 2007)
- There was a bug in password validation: a remote user was able to exploit this and log-in with adminstrator privileges. It is now fixed.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 1.4.3 that disabled that path analysis functions.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 1.4.2 that disabled the
v1.4.3 (25 Jun 2007)
- Input passed to the
lang parameter in
index.php was not properly verified before being used to include files and could be exploited to include arbitrary files from local resources. It is now fixed.
- Input passed to the
pageid parameter in
index.php was not properly sanitised before being used in SQL queries. This could be exploited to manipulate SQL queries by injecting arbitrary SQL code. It is now fixed.
- Input passed to the
lang parameter in
index.php was not properly sanitised before being returned to the user and could be exploited to execute arbitrary HTML and script code in a user's browser session in context of an affected site.
v1.4.2 (24 Feb 2007)
- Fixed vulnerabilities with the
lang parameter in
banref.php and the
file parameters in
v1.4.1 (11 Feb 2007)
- Fixed a bug introduced in 1.4 with improper table definition in installation. If you have phpTrafficA-1.4 running, there is no need to upgrade.
v1.4 (10 Feb 2007)
- Updates and typos in translations.
- Support for new search engines: opera, Poisk.ru, onet.pl, wp.pl, interia.pl, Szukacz, netsprint, o2, gazeta.pl,
- Grouped search engines poisk.ru and poisk.ua as poisk.
- Cleaned list of search engines: organized them in alphabetical order and removed 50 that did not exist anymore.
nowrap attribute to date column in latest visitors details.
- URL will look nicer (added some zero-width spaces for easy breaking up over several lines)
- Various layout improvements to the latest visitors details.
- Fixed missing translation in search engines page.
- Detection of new crawlers: Szukacz, Baiduspider, and OnetSzukaj.
/ that are special characters for URLs, and may not be used without URLencoding in a query variable. The old way worked but wasn't totally clean. We are now using modified Base64 for URL (thanks to jtew for that one, I know nothing about base64 encoding).
- Removed whois link for private IP addresses such as 127.0.0.1, it doesn't make any sense.
- Added declaration of array for
statsTimeInterval.php to avoid error messages in PHP logs.
- Replaced path inclusion from
write_logs.php, it did not work on windows machines.
- Change the type of the
ref column in latest hosts table to handle very long URL's.
v1.4beta4 (05 Feb 2007)
- New mapping interface: thanks to gracious support from IPligence, mapping data for latest visitors is directly included on the phpTrafficA homepage.
- Small improvements to the translations.
- Support for Meta and bigmir Ukrainian search engine.
- Change formatting of URLs: replaced the
<space>. symbols by
​.. Strings are still breakable but do not look as weird.
ex measurements with
em in the stylesheet. It looks weird on some Opera browsers.
- Fixed small bug in language selection for browsers with no default language.
- Fixed small bug in browser detection.
- Fixed bug in insertion of new pages for some special php configurations.
- Fixed bug with extra spaces at the end of configurations of search engines and operating systems.
- Replaced Russian charset conversions from
KOI8-U to support both Russian and Ukrainian.
- Change the type of the
address column in referrers table to handle very long URL's.
- Moved Opera up in browser detection, it was seen as IE from time to time...
v1.4beta3 (27 Jan 2007)
- Improvements to the translations.
- Added a
rel="nofollow" tag to all links to referrers. This way, will not support referrer
- Detection of
- Cache control in
- Support for two new crawlers:
- Support for new search engines: poisk.ua, tut.by
- Wrong symbol in keywords extraction from mail.ru.
- Fixed a bug with some versions of mysql that did not like column called
exit is the entry and exit page list (replaced
- Fix bug in romanization of Russian words.
- Added proper html to pages with errors when loging-in.
v1.4beta2 (16 Jan 2006)
- Many improvements to the translations.
- Better fonts within tables
- Support for new search engines: nigma.ru, gougle.ru, exalead.com.
- Improvement in string shortening for main page, new trends, and individual page stats for a better layout.
- Updated IP to country database.
- Added various missing translations in setup tab.
- Work on character set conversion for keywords from search engines: stop using
mb_convert_encoding and replaced it with
iconv is part of the main php installation.
- Fixed keyword extraction for Russian search engines: yandex, rambler, mail.
- Fixed the double barrel issue with keywords on the Yandex search engine.
- Fixed issue with conversion of Russian words to UTF.
- Fixed conversion of page names in plots if using a non-ASCII charset.
- Fixed issues with charsets in search engines keywords in latest visitors and path for latest visitors functions.
- Fixed link to maps in latest path analysis.
v1.4beta1 (06 Jan 2007)
- Thanks to the phpTrafficA translation team, we now include a total of seven languages, including five new ones: Russian, Spanish, German, Dutch and Polish!
- New measurements for individual page statistics:
magnet index and
bounce rate. The
magnet index is a useful tool as it measures how much traffic is brought to your site by a given page. For instance, pages with a
magnet index of 1, 2, and 3 are entry pages for 10, 100, 1000 hits a day, respectively. The
bounce rate is an important metric as well as it tells you the percentage of people who 'bounced' away (left) from your site after viewing this page only.
- New option to personalize the number of items shown in a page (number of top referrers, top pages and such).
- You can now change or personalise the administrator cookie text (in
- You can now sort the page list in the daily, weekly, and monthly stats in various ways.
- You can now change the location of the temporary directory (in
- Option to use phpTrafficA as counter: if you activate this function, you will see the page count were you loaded phpTrafficA.
- Option to count search engines in the referrers table as well as in the search engine table.
- You can choose a default language for the user interface (in
- Whois link when looking details for latest visitors.
- Link to a map with the geographical location of the latest visitors.
- New option to decide the time of inactivity after which visit is considered to be finished (it used to be set to one hour)
- names of countries instead of two-letters abbreviations in plots.
- new function for IP to country conversion: 30% faster and 30% less disk space.
- Files in
Php/ folders can not be listed anymore.
- Better errors with database connection: numerous users report errors when connecting to the database. I suspect configuration errors, but the previous messages were too vague to track down the error.
- Individual page statistics can now be sorted by ascending or descending number of hits, number of days, and averages, with a simple click.
- OS, browser, and country pages can now be sorted according to the data from this month, last month or since the beginning of the record.
- Better analysis of character sets for search engine keywords, and in particular, proper analysis of Russian search engines using Cyrillic such as Yandex, Rambler, and
- Added support for the
- Some ISP do not support PHP code starting with
<? and only accept
<?php. PhpTrafficA did not always include this
<?php marker and would not work properly. It is now fixed.
- Added the forgotten
<head> tag in
- Fixed a bug in
pathAnalysis.php that did not behave properly if the site name includes a
- Fixed a bug in
write_logs.php. The PHP/no image log function did not work if called from within a PHP function. It was fixed by setting the main variables as globals.
- Fixed issues with special characters in plot legends and labels.
v1.3 (30 Oct 2006)
- Better fonts for MS Windows
- Added the forgotten <body> tag in
- Removed some comments in CSS file
- Added a switch globalising the
$config_table variables on top of
write_logs.php. In some cases, they were not taken into account (when
write_logs.php was called from within a php function).
- Fixed an error in table definition for new install. The SQL format was not accepted by old versions of mysql.
- Fixed php typos in
- Fixed a bug that blocked the opening of popups under MS Windows.
- Fixed a bug in the calculation of the worst and best days.
v1.3beta1 (16 Oct 2006)
- Multilingual interface: phpTrafficA is now available in both French and English. We are now looking for volunteers for more translations!
- Database cleanup: you now have to possibility to clean-up your database for referrers or keywords that are not used very often. This drastically improves the execution speed and space usage of phpTrafficA. For very large sites, you can also clean-up the access database and only keep access information to each page for the last two month (data for the whole site such as path analysis, total access numbers, search engines keywords of referrers will remain correct).
- Reset and delete information for site: it is now possible to reset or completely delete all information for a site.
- Google pagerank functions were removed: it was too slow on most servers and did cause phpTrafficA to hang.
- Better analysis of access to a page: we now track access from search engines, referrer, as well as internal links from your own site.
- phptrafficA can now detect windows 2003, Internet Explorer 7, and the iCab web browser.
- Lighter calculations that rarely the full database for search engines and referrers. This drastically reduces the number of calculations needed to generate the stats.
- New IP to country database.
- Various bug fixes here and there...
v1.2.1 (19 Feb 2006)
- Fixed typo that created an error in install file.
- Fixed spelling mistake in "statistics" on the main page.
v1.2 (13 Feb 2006)
v1.2beta2 (1 Feb 2006)
- Main stats page: corrected a bug that resulted in division by zero under some cases.
- Creation of sql table: list of tables was not up-to-date.
- Updated list of OS and web browsers to match new log function.
- Fixed cross-site scripting vulnerability with keywords results in main, daily, weekly, monthly, new trends, individual page,and search engine statistics.
- Various fixes with distribution package (missing directories, file permissions...)
v1.2beta1 (21 Jan 2006)
- IP based stats phpTrafficA now has 2 kinds of statistics: page views and unique visitors (based on IP addresses) counts. Statistics for OS and web browser are now based on IP addresses as well: if a robot scans your website with 1000 counts within one hour, it will only be counted once.
- Path analysis phpTrafficA now includes a tool to study visitor path on your website. It is fairly complete, with an analysis on entry and exit pages, a path designer that lets you design your own path and see how many visitors used it, and a visitor flow function, to study the movements of visitors along a given path.
- Google pagerank List of pages in
individual page statistics now includes and can be sorted using google page rank (updated every 10 minutes or so).
- Group by month in access plot.
- Faster function for OS and browser extraction:
- Tests the most common ones first and stops if found instead of going through the whole list each time
- Does not scan for OS if browser is
crawler: we already know the answer...
- Shorter list of OS's: removed all the crawlers as we do not look for them anymore.
- Detection of Palm OS.
- Images for lynx and galeon web browsers, as well as palm OS.
- Better legends in pie plots: sometimes, the space for the legend was too small. It should be fixed now.
- Corrected parse error with array indices that appeared on some versions of php with the "public" keyword.
- Fixed a bug with array and php 5 in phplot (line 4238)
v1.1 (07 Nov 2005)
No change from v1.1beta1
v1.1beta1 (29 Oct 2005)
- Password protected statistics: there is no more need for
.htaccess to secure the phpTrafficA folder. This function is now built in. You can also decide to leave your statistics public. Your visitors will have access to the statistics you decide to show but will not see the administration panels.
- Easier install: no need to install ip2c or country flags separately, no need to play around with paths in a number of files. There should only be 2 files to edit, config.php and config_sql.php.
- Path analysis for the latest hosts: follow the footsteps of your latest visitors, see where they came from, where they went, and how long they stayed! These stats are performed on the latest visits only. Crawlers are excluded from this analysis.
- New management of temporary files: dedicated directory.
- Help function with administration tasks.
- Public and private stats: you can make the statistics of public websites available to others without giving away your password.
- You can now decide wether to trim the URL's or not. The default behaviour of phpTrafficA is to trim them, e.g.
test.php?arg=x is stored as
test.php. If you want, you can now store it as
test.php?arg=x. Be careful though, this function is NOT recommended for fully dynamic websites for which the number of untrimmed URL's can become huge.
- Referrer spam protection: in recent months, there has been a surge in referrer spams and we had to set up a way to stop it. If your referrers table is filled up with URLs like buy-viagra-online.may-ass.com, you can now ban those. Simply hit the
ban link, it will remove the URL from your referrers table and add it to the blacklist so it does not show up again.
- Better handling of images during "back" and "forward" browser operations. In the past, you did not see the right plot if you used them.
- Fixed bug in average calculations for weekly and monthly stats.
- In order to limit referrer spam with phpTrafficA, any URL that contains
buy- is banned as a referrer. This will only apply new installations. If you want to remove this feature, simply remove the line that contains
buy- from the referrer blacklist. If you want to add this feature in an previous installation of phpTrafficA, simply add a line with
buy- in the referrer blacklist.
- Pages for referrers and search engine keywords have been completely reorganised. You can now choose to display plots or not, you can see the whole list of keywords or referrers, sorted in various ways.
- Lighter design for OS, browser and country statistics: at first, phpTrafficA only plots the data for the current month and provides a list of OS, browsers, or countries that make up more than 1% of all visits. Later, you can ask for a plot of the history or the full list of OS, browsers, or countries. This should make phpTrafficA more readable and easier on your bandwidth.
- New php code for OS, browser, and country statistics. It is now up to 200 times faster for some of the worst scenarios (large number of countries, for instance).
- Better y-axis for improved readability in search engines, visitor retention, and visit duration plots.
- Reduced number of include files: dramatic speed improvements for some functions.
v1.0.4 (09 Sep 2005)
- Added BecomeBot as "Crawler" is OS list.
v1.0.3 (02 Sep 2005)
- Fixed all issues with servers that have the "register_globals" set to "off". This is a major improvement and it should fix most of the strange behaviour that has been reported. If phpTrafficA did not seem to do anything, did not behave properly after you clicked a menu item, or anything like it, it was probably because of this "register_globals" variable.
- Fixed a bug in page "New trends" that generated an error message with new websites.
- Fixed bug in "Visitor retention" and "Visit duration" that generated buggy plots for websites with low and new access counts.
- Fixed a bug in "count.php": it was only generating gif images, but some versions of GD do not support it. The new version will create gif, png, or jpeg images, depending on what you have on your system.
- Fixed a bug when plotting data: phpTrafficA was only generating png images, but some versions of GD do not support it. The new version will create gif, png, or jpeg images, depending on what you have on your system.
- Added a phrase such as "Nothing yet" in most tables that do not have anything to show.
- Added Opera 8, Galeon, and Dumbot in browser list.
- Added Symbian OS and Dumbot in OS list.
v1.0.2 (13 August 2005)
- Corrected a link in the "about" tab.
v1.0.1 (20 July 2005)
- An old version of the file 'sites.php' was in the archive. It has been replaced...
v1.0 (19 June 2005)
- Page with new trends: pages gaining or losing popularity, new keywords, new referrers
- Faster log function (removed of lot of tests, reduced the number of SQL queries by 2). It should be 2 to 4 times faster.
- All pages now validate as HTML 4.01 Transitional and CSS.
- New stylesheet: changed colours and navigation.
- Better navigation in individual page statistics: can be sorted by number of hits, average number of hits, or age.
- Summary page is now simpler and easier to read.
- In general, less statistics are displayed, but they are more relevant.
- Better auto-ticking for plot with sqrt y-axis.
- All plots now have axis labels.
- Fixed a bug that allowed negative durations in retentions statistics.
- Fixed a bug in table creation when adding a new site.
v0.06 (29 May 2005)
- Bug in write_log.php: was sending wrong site name.
- Bug that added new lines when changing list of os's, browsers and search engines.
- Images for operating systems and browsers.
- Better formula for auto-ticking in plots (there was a problem with numbers like 110).
- Better install script (check from write access to sites.php, check creation of new files).
- New list of search engines, os, and web browsers.
v0.05 (14 Apr. 2005)
Fixes and improvement:
- better stylesheet that will work fine in IE,
- long page names or referrer names are cut so the table does not get larger than the window,
- lot's of cosmetic fixes here and there.
- retention statistics: number of click per visitor, time spent for each visitor,
- better search engine statistics, with plots such as number of new keyword per day and tables to track down new trends,
- page on referrers statistics,
- individual page keyword statistics,
- you can choose the data at which you want stats for daily, weekly, and monthly stats.
v0.04 (22 Dec. 2004)
The first public version of phpTrafficA. Contains main functionnalities.